Perhaps I could suggest a couple of more non-official ideas that might fit in with getting familiar with framework. (I'm not an EEF committer so I'd focus on Goulwen's suggestions).
• Some documentation for new users would be a really nice addition to drive adoption.
• API changes that would allow the EEF classes to be more easily used/extended in non-generated environments. For example, I just discovered that EEF has very nice support for EMF notification and it would be nice to be able to use that in custom widgets.
• Perhaps make it easier to integrate with existing EMF editors. I know there are only a couple of steps, but I think that is a barrier for people.
• Make is easier to integrate ItemProviders and existing plugin.properties into EEF and/or use them more directly. Currently I think you have to maintain these in parallel.
But overall I think in line with what Goulwen is saying the more modular and reusable the components that are generated are the better, so that people can mix and match and have support for data-binding, notifications, etc..
On Mar 29, 2011, at 8:26 AM, Goulwen Le Fur wrote:
Le 24/03/2011 16:37, Harshani Nawarathna a écrit :
I am Harshani Nawarathna (harshanianu in IRC), a student
from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,Sri Lanka.
I am passionate about Google Summer of Code 2011 and found
that "EEF - Enhance the end user experience" suits me the
I am interested in the areas of Human Computer
Interaction and familiar with Java and eclipse plug-in
I would like to know more about the project idea and
expect your help to further study it.
I can give you some examples to be more precise :
- The first part of the subject is to improve the user
experience of EEF. As you can see in the EEF tutorial
remains some steps for EEF users that can be avoid with my last
works (eef editor generation in one click :
The idea is to generalize the use of code created for one click
generation in other cases than in editor generation.
- The second part of the subject is to improve the EEF models
editor. I made a prototype of EEF editor using EEF technology to
define an advanced designer. This designer must help user to
create theirs EEF models and to iterate on them when the
metamodel change. Many improvement on the EEF technology can be
done to really assists users and improve theirs experience.
- Finally, the last part deal with an integration of EEF and
window builder to allow users to create theirs EEF components in
a WYSIWYG way.
To conclude, I just signed up as GSoC mentors, don't hesitate if you
want more details on the subjects.
emft-dev mailing list
emft-dev mailing list