[emft-dev] Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] p2 update

Thanks John, missed that post.

So, in the context of running JUnit tests via headless
releng.basebuilder build (ie., Modeling Builds), and assuming that
this support is not temporary to simply ease adoption, it sounds like
using dropins/ is NOT required for our testing purposes.

cc:'ing emft-dev so that those folks can decide if they want to
migrate or not, at their leisure.

Pascal, thanks again for this change. Very helpful.

Nick

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:28 PM, John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg02190.html
>
> Pascal:
>
>  Verified, the 03/27 01:00 build no longer requires that tests and
>  extra plugins be unpacked in dropins/eclipse/plugins/;
>  eclipse/plugins/ works again. W00t!
>
>  What value is achieved from using dropins/eclipse/plugins/ instead of
>  the older eclipse/plugins/, now that both are searched for dropped-in
>  plugins (& features too, I assume)? Should we still migrate to the new
>  path system [1] ?
>
>  [1]
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Releng/Building#JUnits_do_not_run_with_p2-enabled_Eclipse
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Nick
>
>  On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Pascal Rapicault
>  <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >
>  >  Hello,
>  >
>  >  The night brought us a new platform build
>  >
> (http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20080327-0100/index.php)
>  >   including p2 fixes for the most pressing issues that have reported
> against
>  >  previous builds:
>  >       - p2 is now capable of discovering plugins dropped in the plugins
>  >  folder, like you have always been able to do. That said, going forward
> we
>  >  still recommend people to use the dropins folder
>  >
> (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Getting_Started#Supported_dropins_formats).
>  >       - more resilience in what gets installed from the dropins folder
>  >       - better handling of optional dependencies at install time
>  >
>  >  Please try this build for further testing,
>  >
>  >  Thank you,
>  >
>  >  PaScaL