[emf-dev] EMF Services moving to GitHub

Hi all,

As part of the planned EF infra changes [1], EMF Services [2] is moving to GitHub.

The code has already been moved (sorry for not announcing it here). It is now at:

- https://github.com/eclipse/emf-query
- https://github.com/eclipse/emf-validation
- https://github.com/eclipse/emf-transaction

The builds are still at https://ci.eclipse.org/emfservices/. There is no plan to move them as long as the EF still provides this service.

Next however are the ~70 open bugzillas tickets [3]. As part of the move, and given the limited resources available to work on this project, I will close as WONTFIX all tickets which do not seem to have a realistic chance to be treated (which should be most of them). If you feel strongly about one of these and are prepared to contribute and/or sponsor the required work, please open an equivalent GitHub issue (with links both ways) instead of re-opening the bugzilla. You can mark the bugzilla as CLOSED/MOVED instead of CLOSED/WONTFIX in this case.

For the few tickets that I still hope to treat one day, I'll open the GitHub issue myself. I will mass-close the bugzilla tickets with an corresponding message in the next few days.

Regards,
Pierre-Charles David (Obeo)

[1] https://eclip.se/577150
[2] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.emfservices
[3] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&classification=Modeling&list_id=21191611&product=EMF%20Services&query_format=advanced

PS: GMF Runtime will follow the same steps when I find the time to work on it. The code itself is also already on GitHub at https://github.com/eclipse/gmf-notation and https://github.com/eclipse/gmf-runtime.

--
Pierre-Charles David (Obeo)

Back to the top