Re: [emf-dev] EMF Compare 2.0 missing DiffService and MatchService?

Hi Simon,

Please use the EMF forum (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/108/), prefixing your thread names with [EMF Compare] for questions about the project.

The MatchService and DiffService classes have disappeared in favor of the general purpose "EMFCompare" class. Comparison through API that was previously done through code such as :

Match match = MatchService.doMatch(leftResource, rightResource);
Diff diff = DiffService.doDiff(match);

is now done through :

IComparisonScope scope = EMFCompare.createDefaultScope(leftResource, rightResource);
Comparison comparison = EMFCompare.builder().build().compare(scope);

Options that are to be used for the comparison are now options of the EMFCompare builder. For example if you wish to compare without considering IDs :

IMatchEngine matchEngine = DefaultMatchEngine.create(UseIdentifiers.NEVER);
Comparison comparison = EMFCompare.builder().setMatchEngine(matchEngine).build().compare(scope);

Laurent Goubet
Obeo