Re: [emf-dev] EMF ECore file, read in and handle it in pure java?

Chistian,

Please use the newsgroups for asking questions.
Comments below.

Ries, Christian wrote:

Hello, sorry when I am on the wrong mailing list but I have some questions about the combination of EMF with GEF or GMF…

I think it is hard to find good sources/tutorials for an easy start to code with these frameworks.

Where did you look?

The Javadoc doucumentation offers not all informations I need for my project, I think.

So my task is to implement a graphical editor for some workflows. I have a EMF eCore file and I don’t know, in other words, I don’t have good inspirations which would be the best way to create that editor. Which classes should I use to create a, for the first step simple graphical editor in pure java code, without the Eclipse GUI?

Did you try one of the GMF tutorials?
http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Documentation

I mean, read in the ecore file, create editor functions with GEF and show the models defined in the ecore file. My target is to create a Eclipse RCP.

The GMF newsgroup is the best place to ask about this kind of stuff...

Have you some suggestions?

Thx a lot,

Christian