Re: [emf-dev] Newbie question!

Tony,

I'm not sure how you got me Emaill address; but I think I can help.

A class is, by nature, context-less; meaning there is no state in the
class.  Any state (including the state of static variables) must be
retained from VM to VM by some method.  Serialization will allow you to
retain the state of an instance of a class, but static variables are not
considered part of an objects instance as they are accessible by ALL
objects.

You will have to store the state of those objects yourself.

Does that help?

Russell

              tony lewis
              <tony_lewis_2345@xxxxxxxxx>                 To:                                         emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          cc:
              Sent by: emf-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx          Subject:   [emf-dev] Newbie question!

              Monday February 10, 2003 12:23 PM
              Please respond to emf-dev

 I created a class with static operations and saved it as mdl . When I
 created the *.ecore from this mdl, it did not seem to contain anything
 that told me that it was static . How do I import a class with static
 operations .