Re: [egit-dev] Contribution: Support for git-svn

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Remo Liechti <remo.liechti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi guys

I’m forced to use SVN at my new company so I use git-svn bridge to have at least git available locally.

How much effort would you expect for a regular java guy to include git-svn support into egit. Is egit the right location at all or would it be better to integrate to jgit first, in order to bring it to egit later on?

The basic git-svn operations should go into jgit, the UI and workbench integration should be done in egit.
Since not everybody needs SVN support this should be done in separate bundles/fragments which can
be installed separately.

What are the 3rd party dependencies on the svn side and which license do they have ?

--
Matthias

Back to the top