[egit-dev] SWTBot tests

Hi,

I have been trying without much success to get the SWTBot tests to run on my machine for a while now... Have these tests ever been run on a windows machine? Do they need a particular setup to be run?

I am using Eclipse 4.2.0 to develop, on a windows 7 64bits environment, using java 5 update 22 to run the tests. I use org.eclipse.egit.target/egit-4.2.target as my target platform, and I use the "org.eclipse.egit.ui--All-SWT-Tests" launch configuration that's on the repository within the org.eclipse.egit.ui.tests plugin.

I usually end up with a lot of errors, most of them because JGit/EGit does not manage to remove some of the files from its test repositories. Disabling my anti-virus does not help. My latest run ended up in 79 errors and 1 failure, and left the following files on my fs :

C:\Users\lgoubet\LocalRepositoriesTests\FirstRepository\sub\.git\objects\pack\pack-eef257989bc1afe29571d87ca623448f030fe7ba
C:\Users\lgoubet\LocalRepositoriesTests\FirstRepository\sub\.git\refs\heads\master
C:\Users\lgoubet\LocalRepositoriesTests\FirstRepository\sub\.git\refs\remotes\origin\master
C:\Users\lgoubet\LocalRepositoriesTests\FirstRepository\sub\.git\refs\remotes\origin\stable
C:\Users\lgoubet\LocalRepositoriesTests\FirstRepository\sub\.git\refs\tags (empty folder)
C:\Users\lgoubet\LocalRepositoriesTests\RepositoryRoot (empty folder)

(as a side note, I believe it would be much better to use the %temp% folder (or the test workspace directory) instead of the user home for the test clutter...)

Any help would be appreciated.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
begin:vcard