Re: [egit-dev] Pull vs. Rebase

On 11 May 2011 21:55, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Currently the pull strategy can be configured when creating a new local branch based on a remote
tracking branch in the branch creation dialog mentioned in [1]. If you select the pull strategy "Rebase"
pull will do fetch + rebase (local branch onto updated remote tracking branch).

It looks like this option only exists when creating a branch.  I couldn't figure out how to change it for an existing branch (master), or while using the File > Import > Git wizard.

Cheers,
James

If you want the default pull strategy to be configurable we could add support for the
git config parameter branch.autosetuprebase [2].

--
Matthias

Back to the top