[egit-dev] push rejected non-fast forward

Hello,

I have a little problem with egit:

1. I do a git clone with egit (e.g. with the import of eclipse)
2. I do a git clone in a different directory with git commandline or
Tower on Mac
3. I modify one file within eclipse; do a commit
3. try to push. The push is rejected. egit does not give any detailed
errormessages!!!
    On commandline this error occures:

    To git@xxxxxxxxxx:thorque/git-sample.git
 ! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git@xxxxxxxxxx:thorque/git-sample.git'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected
Merge the remote changes (e.g. 'git pull') before pushing again.  See the
'Note about fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.

Why this happens everytime another client do a clone after i have done a
clone with egit? This behaviours does not occurs with two clones with
another client.
Is this an error if the user (thus from me) or is this a bug?

Another point is that more errormessages are needed if a push produced
an error...

Thorsten

Back to the top