Re: [egit-dev] git gc

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:33, alvaro sanchez <alvsan09@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to pack a repository with jgit e.g.. when using
> it on a shared mode with jgit only clients.
> is there a plan to support it similarly to "git gc" in the near future ?

Yes, but I haven't gotten around to doing the gc stuff in JGit yet.

We have the difficult stuff done for delta compression and pack
generation. But we don't have a driver to enumerate all of the roots
that need to be considered, and we don't have a cleanup pass to
actually garbage collect redundant object files, or objects that are
no longer reachable.

I'll probably do it sooner rather than later, but I cannot commit to
when. I'm really focused on the DHT stuff right now (which will also
need GC implemented for it, so I'll get to it eventually).

--
Shawn.

Back to the top