[egit-dev] Git decorator - initial run when Eclipse starts up

Today I found an "issue" related to decorations in Eclipse: when creating a new Eclipse workspace and then importing a Git project, all resources are decorated once even though they are not visible. I tested this with a project/repository containing 15.000 files – this resulted in 15.000 invocations of GitLightweightDecorator.decorate().

Does anybody know if it is possible to exclude a specific decorator from this initial run triggered by Eclipse?

There might be other decorators that make use of this first run by persisting state information or so, but calling the Git decorator in this manner is complete waste – the actual decorations happen when a resource becomes visible in the package explorer.

Thanks,
Philipp

Back to the top