Re: [egit-dev] How to get one gerrit change into local branch

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 08:14, Thorsten Kamann
<thorsten.kamann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> this works fine...but if i want to push my changes into gerrit I get an
> error message that i should squash my changes.
> I think this is because I have more than one commit (one for the merge, one
> for the change I have done)?

Right.  You have two commits for the same change.  You needed to amend
the prior commit if you were trying to create a new version.  We
recently added this documentation to the Gerrit user manual, but its
not rendered up in pretty HTML yet so you'll need to read the raw
text:

  https://android.git.kernel.org/?p=tools/gerrit.git;a=blob_plain;f=Documentation/error-squash-commits-first.txt;h=138ad98951d9b44f06cfaa8e1ed846695cdcd73e;hb=ce6fba107dca6a358cc2eadc348364016203d170

--
Shawn.