Re: [egit-dev] Pushing to Gerrit using http

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Baumgart, Jens <jens.baumgart@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> For me it also works with JGit.
>>
>> In both JGit and EGit we hit TransportHttp 356
>>
>>                                final int status = HttpSupport.response(conn);
>>
>> But there are differences in authentication in JGit/EGit use case:
>> In JGit, authentication is triggered by the JVM. In EGit, its done by TransportHttp.
>> The traffic in both cases looks different:
>
> OK, from this it looks like we've managed to break the digest
> authentication support in JGit (or it never worked at all).  I'll try
> to debug this today, I was pretty certain I had it working against
> Gerrit Code Review back when I proposed it to JGit, but maybe I
> changed something after and failed to retest it.

After some debugging today I have realized that the digest code in
JGit is crap and never worked correctly.  I've managed to patch it
together enough to successfully fetch the references from
git-receive-pack in Gerrit, but then it fails on the second request
when uploading the commands and pack file.  I had to stop debugging to
catch my ride home, so I'll look at it more on Monday.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top