Re: [egit-dev] Against what version we should compare locally changed file?

On 12/01/2010 11:05 AM, Lay, Stefan wrote:

>> bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christian Halstrick
>> Sent: Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2010 10:57
>> I would also suggest to compare with index because that's what I get
>> from standard 'git diff'. Imagine you have already staged complicated
>> modifications to a file. Then it is very likely that you would like to
>> compare what you have in the filesystem against what you have staged.
>
> The question remains what the label should be if there is no difference between the index and HEAD. I suggest to show Index nevertheless because of consistency, Dariusz proposed to show the commit id of HEAD because the user can see that in fact index and HEAD have the same content (Dariusz, is this correct?)

Yes, this is correct, but now I'm convinced that the label should contains
"staged version" or "index version" instead of last commit author and sha-1.
This will also make code a little bit simpler ;)

--
Best regards

GSM: +48 695 192 160
Blog: http://luksza.org