Re: [egit-dev] Team->commit on projects belonging to multiple repos

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Baumgart, Jens <jens.baumgart@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So we thought things would be easier if we could remove the multi repo commit.
>
> +1, I'm for this approach, just remove the multi repo commit. In the
> future, we can think of ways to simplify the workflow if you want to
> do a multi repo commit.

+1.  I've never been a fan of multi-repo commit with the same
messages.  The odds that the same message are correct in both repos
are very low, they are two different projects if they have different
repos, and the rationale might need to be different.  E.g. what if one
is an open-source project and the other is a closed-source secret
sauce, and the commit message mentions internal secrets, and then gets
pushed to the open-source project to add a new API the secret sauce
project needed?  Not good.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top