Re: [egit-dev] Concurrent access to Git Index - synchronization required?

Hi,

I think it is crucial that we don't force anybody to use jgit with
such synchronization code. When you know for sure that you don't need
the
synchronization there should be a setters on DirCache which disables
synchronization (or the other way round - enable synchronization which
is turned off otherwise). In Windows Eclipse environments (that's a
huge amount of our users) may need to turn it on, on Linux/Test/single
threaded usages you don't want that.

Ciao
  Chris

Back to the top