[egit-dev] Re: [jgit-dev] Please help test 0.8.1

2010/6/3 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>
Now that we have shipping 0.8.1, I would ask everyone to do some
testing as much as possible in the next week (we have one more chance
to spin a 0.8.2 if need be before Helios RC4).

1. Test installation from our software repository:
http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates-0.8
 - start with the latest Eclipse SDK and back to Eclipse 3.4.2 (this
is the last release we support 3.4 before moving to 3.5 as a minimum)

2. Test installation from the Helios repository
 - same as above but just install what's in the Helios repository when
using Eclipse 3.6...
  (should be enabled by default with an SDK download)

tested this successfully for

3. Verify functionality
 - according to our user guide: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide
 - according to your own personal workflows... with github or other
repositories...

4. File bugs and enhancements!
 - Don't be scared... bugs are good when they are tracked!
 - more bugs are better than fewer bugs!
  - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=EGit
  - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=JGit

5. Communicate with the developers and other users
 - on the newsgroup
  - http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=48
 - on the mailing lists
  - https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/egit-dev

Thank you everyone in advanced for making EGit, JGit and Helios a great release!

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org