Re: [egit-dev] JGit projection creatoin?

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Mik Kersten <mik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I second Alex's suggestion.  It makes sense to have a single namespace for
both of these if they are both being developed on Eclipse.org.

It may also make sense to follow the Platform convention of using the "team"
namespace.  I realize that the "team" namespace is historical a bit weird,
so it may not be the best choice.  But it would look something like this:
* org.eclipse.team.git (or egit, project namespace)
* org.eclipse.team.git.core (Java APIs, decoupled from Eclipse, maybe just
the current JGit)
* org.eclipse.team.git.ui (synchronize model, etc, coupled to ..team.core
and ..team.ui)

I am not sure we can do this... I'll check with the EMO,

yeah, don't use 'team'. It's a bit redundant.

In the end, our end users won't see these bundle names... it's only there for the developers. So I think the point is moot.

One question I have though, is the JGit stuff going to be actively developed
on Eclipse instead of jgit.org, or will it instead be used as a
library/dependency?

It will be actively developed at Eclipse under the EDL license.

Your Eclipse Committer Representatives fought hard to make sure this happened :)

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk