Re: [ee4j-pmc] Fwd: [External] : New project proposal Eclipse Morpheus

In first phase the focus will be on implementation, with a mid term goal to extract specification.
And we're starting from scratch but it will use standard java ml api that we've developed in jsr381.

On Fri, 19 Nov 2021, 10:41 Dmitry Kornilov, <dmitry.kornilov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, Zoran. So, my understanding is that it’s not a specification project, right? What’s the current project state? Are you contributing some source code or your plan is to start from scratch?

-- Dmitry

From: ee4j-pmc <ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Zoran Sevarac
Sent: 17 November 2021 17:06
To: ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ee4j-pmc] Fwd: [External] : New project proposal Eclipse Morpheus

Hello all

>> Although this project looks very interesting, I would like to ask authors to provide more information about why Eclipse EE4J was chosen as a parent project. How is this project related to Jakarta EE specifications? From >> the description I understood that it’s more in the tooling area.

Thanks for the question Dmitry. EE4J is chosen as a parent project since our long-term vision is to create a standard API for machine learning performance optimization that can be plugged into existing server-side and cloud-native applications. This fits well into the first sentence of the EE4J project description. The initial focus of the project is the integration of existing ML tools and related API standards in the context of application servers, and not really the development of these tools. Tool development could be the next phase once a working implementation of a proposed API standard is adopted by the app servers and of course actual users.

Also I would like to take the opportunity and invite anyone interested to join the project.

Best regards

Zoran

Re: [ee4j-pmc] [External] : New project proposal Eclipse Morpheus

Thu, 11 Nov 2021 23:12:50 +0000

Dmitry Kornilov <dmitry.kornilov@xxxxxxxxxx>

EE4J PMC Discussions <ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

EE4J PMC Discussions <ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

Although this project looks very interesting, I would like to ask authors to provide more information about why Eclipse EE4J was chosen as a parent project. How is this project related to Jakarta EE specifications? From the description I understood that it’s more in the tooling area.

Thanks,

Dmitry