Re: [ee4j-pmc] Jakarta REST 3.0 Review

Hi Ivar,

 The whole release process seems very convoluted, especially for those that aren’t in the day-to-day discussions related to it. There’s multiple PR’s with long checklists, multiple e-mails, reviews, etc. By contrasts, a release in the JCP days was a lot simpler.

 I fear this process will discourage projects from releasing often (I certainly feel that way), and just prevent Jakarta EE to evolve at the “desired” pace. I hope we can figure out a simpler process going forward. I don’t pretend to have a holistic view of the process to provide any actual recommendation, but my point of view, it looks unnecessary complicated.

 Thanks.

— Santiago