Re: [ee4j-pmc] [jakarta.ee-spec.committee] Read access to Jenkins for all committers

Based on this Jenkins documentation, it looks like it should be possible to give users read-only access to the configuration.

Kevin Sutter wrote on 8/22/19 2:48 PM:
Scott,
I totally agree.  We've run into several situations during the Jakarta EE 8 effort where not having the ability to even look at other jobs has slowed us down.

But, my guess is that we need to file a bugzilla report to request this.  We raised a semi-related bugzilla report to allow non-committers the ability to modify issues for MicroProfile.  That issue is still being worked since nothing is as easy as it sounds...

Unless Wayne chimes in that this can be done immediately, I think the bugzilla approach is the right way to go...

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

From:        Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        EE4J PMC Discussions <ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        Jakarta specification committee <jakarta.ee-spec.committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        08/22/2019 11:53 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [ee4j-pmc] Read access to Jenkins for all committers
Sent by:        ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The inability for any committer to go into the Jenkins CI environments and look at a job configuration continues to hamper the ability of anyone to assist with questions on build problems. The question of having read access for every committer has been floated, but not explicitly raised, so I’m raising it now.

What can be done to allow every ee4j project committer to have read access to every ee4j CI instance so that one can at least view the job configurations on every project job?