[ee4j-pmc] Long Term Maintenance

Greetings EE4J PMC.

What sort of maintenance has traditionally occurred with older versions of the API and TCK? e.g. are APIs absolutely cast in stone, or do they change (even just comments)? Are previous versions of a TCK ever updated? I assume that changing an old version of a TCK has some very serious implications.

I also assume that older versions of RIs do sometimes get updated to respond to (e.g.) security or performance issues. Is that assumption valid?

Given that we are starting from Java EE 8 and are not bringing over older version, we don't necessarily have this problem right now; it will, however, be something that we'll need to address in the coming years.

I'm trying to think ahead a bit so that we can give advice to our projects regarding how we configure repositories and set up builds to handle the potential multiple streams of development and build.

Thanks,

Wayne

--
Wayne Beaton