Re: [ee4j-community] Minutes from the first EE4J PMC Meeting

On 2017-12-06 4:05 AM, Ondrej Mihályi wrote:
What about specification documents (PDFs)? Are they also going to be delivered to the Eclipse foundation and when/in what form?

Ondrej,

That is still an open question that we (the EF) are working on with Oracle and others. We are meeting face-to-face with Oracle later this week to discuss this and numerous other migration-related questions. With apologies, this is one of the topics for which we must ask the community to be patient.

In the meantime, our focus is clear: stand up EE4J as a functioning open source project and community. We don't have a date or plan yet to do so, but the concrete deliverable that we are striving for is to ship a Java EE 8 compliant release from EE4J. Open sourcing the TCKs is a second related and significant milestone.

We need to do a better job of communicating these plans. That is something I personally hope to address next week.

HTH.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx