From:        Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        11/25/2017 03:52 PM
Subject:        Re: [ee4j-community] Requirements around duplicating spec jars?
Sent by:        ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 2017-11-25 1:51 PM, John D. Ament wrote:
> As I understand it, implementations are required to provide their own
> set of spec jars for each specification under Java EE.  Will this
> practice continue under the to-be-named project?

AFAIK, yes. Independent implementations will continue to provide their
own set of spec jars for each specification.

> If so, is it already agreed upon that additional copies of the API may
> be licensed under licenses other than the license listed (EPLv2)?

Any content derived from EE4J projects will have to be licensed in
accordance with the terms of the EPL-2.0.

Given that the EPL-2.0 with Secondary License GPL-2.0+Classpath
Exception is quite close to the existing CDDL & GPL+Classpath Exception,
the future scenario is pretty much the same as the status quo.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx