Re: [ee4j-community] Eclipse Jetty and EE4J

I agree with continuing to produce an RI for at least the short term.  I think it would be important to not start "breaking all the rules" right out of the gate.  At least in the beginning, I think that the EE4J implementations should continue to provide a standard reference implementation.  If for nothing else, the reference implementation should be available to "refer to", as Neil had mentioned.

The word "standard" means a lot to many enterprises.  I am of the belief that many corporations and organizations that utilize Java EE are doing so because it is a "standard" in the industry.  I think it is possible to produce a "standard" without an RI at some point.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for achieving a more nimble process and possibly getting rid of the RI's at some point in the future.  I do believe that it is possible to produce a very nimble process and continue to deliver an RI for the short term.

Best Regards