Re: [ee4j-community] Initial thoughts on where the Payara team can contribute best.

Hi,

In a couple of other areas we can draw and build on the experience and expertise of Arjan Tijms and provide leadership and sustained developer hours to drive forward JSF with Mojarra as well as JSR 375 along with Soteria the RI. Longer term as project teams are drawn up I imagine we will also take on contributing development to many other EE4J projects and maintenance of RIs.

I personally would love to contribute to the JASPIC and JACC specs as well. These are strongly related to Java EE Security, but provide the lower level plumbing.

JASPIC mostly needs a couple of clarifications, but otherwise is rather mature wrt to the Servlet Container Profile. I'd love to add a profile that gathers more toward JAX-RS by allowing individual resource methods to be secured.

JACC as a low level SPI is quite mature too, but IMHO it desperately needs the ability to specify JACC providers (authorisation modules) per application instead of server wide.

_expression_ Language is another spec I'd love to contribute to. On the one one hand it's totally independent from JSF now, but on the other hand many parts came out of JSF, and JSF most heavily leans on it. There are still a couple of things missing and simplifications that can be done.

I wonder if there are any other parties interesting to contribute to any of these specs.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

All in all this is an exciting and challenging time that needs community developers, vendors, end users and open-source projects to commit real coding time to the future development of EE4J. I hope we can do our bit without being overwhelmed with the volume of work involved. These are our first thoughts and will evolve as everything becomes clearer.

Steve Millidge
Payara

Back to the top