Re: [ee4j-community] Process Question

On 2017-10-13 4:08 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
I really hope that Java EE 9 gets under way while EE4J is getting organized. At JavaOne 2016 a preliminary roadmap for EE 9 was announced - a year later I didn’t hear anything about those proposals (hopefully I missed to).

The FAQ (https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j/faq) seems to indicate that Java EE 9 will not go forwards, although there's nothing stopping from those proposed technologies starting under EE4J.

My operating assumption is that technical progress will continue, but the end result will not be called Java EE 9. It will be released under whatever the new brand name is.

Project proposals are always welcome :)

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx