Re: [ee4j-community] Initial thoughts on where the Payara team can contribute best.

Absolutely once the EE4J PMC and projects are up and running who leads what will be driven by the projects themselves. I just want to throw out a data point on where we can provide significant developer hours.

-----Original Message-----
From: ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edward Burns
Sent: 11 October 2017 11:46
To: EE4J community discussions <ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ee4j-community] Initial thoughts on where the Payara team can contribute best.

[...]

SM> In a couple of other areas we can draw and build on the experience
SM> and expertise of Arjan Tijms and provide leadership and sustained
SM> developer hours to drive forward JSF with Mojarra as well as JSR 375
SM> along with Soteria the RI. Longer term as project teams are drawn up
SM> I imagine we will also take on contributing development to many
SM> other EE4J projects and maintenance of RIs.

Having worked with Arjan and his colleague Bauke Scholtz to extend JSF for several years now, both inside and outside the JCP, I can happily endorse him for that role.  However, in the spirit of leaving maximum self determination to the Eclipse Foundation regarding the leadership of constituent technologies, I must point out that I am aware of at least one other party that might want take the con on JSF.  I will reach out to those party(ies) out-of-band and recommend they align behind Arjan, but point out that the decision really lies with the EE4J Eclipse leadership.

[...]

Ed