Re: [ee4j-community] EE4J PMC

On 2017-10-02 11:39 AM, Greg Watson wrote:
The charter doesn't mention who will be the initial members of the PMC. Is that available anywhere?

No, not at this time. We haven't had any conversations about who those folks will be. We should likely get that done over the next couple of weeks.

Typically PMCs are made up of individuals representing the major contributors to the projects within the top-level project. Ideally, those individuals have some experience with the Eclipse Development and IP processes. I would expect strong representation from the vendors (large and small) involved here. PMCs typically grow organically after being created, as community members demonstrate their involvement and commitment to the open source projects.

At Eclipse, PMCs and projects also have leaders or co-leaders. Identifying those individuals will also be part of the bootstrapping process.

To our friends who come from years of experience at the Apache Software Foundation, I would like to point out that the Eclipse Foundation uses similar terms to the ASF (project, top-level project, incubation, PMCs), but in every case they actually mean something different. This did cause some initial confusion when Eclipse MicroProfile got started. I apologize in advance for the cognitive dissonance we will be causing you.

Back to the top