[ee4j-community] Existing project of a Java EE community page at ee-central.io

Hello, Java EE and Eclipse community,

I'm addressing this mostly to the initiators of the EE4J Eclipse project and project mentors from the Eclipse Foundation, among them Mike Millinkovich I assume.

This is to let you know about an existing community project called ee-central.io, which was initiated last year and went publicly available on its own domain this summer.

The page aims to unite the Java EE community in a common effort to gather and share resources about Java EE for both new as well as experienced developers and other Java EE users such as operations and architects. The full mission statement is here: http://ee-central.io/page/mission.adoc

The project was initiated as a joint effort of the Java EE community - vendors, experts, users. It was even before the MicroProfile initiative was born, at the time when we were uncertain about the progress of Java EE 8 and we saw little activity from Oracle to promote Java EE in a user-friendly way.

So far, the page contains only a few resources to start with and would still require some polishing. But we, the contributors to the page, believe that it's worth to consider donating this page to the Eclipse Foundation, under the new EE4J project umbrella. It could be used as a base for a new entry page for Eclipse enterprise Java related projects, or at least for Java EE resources, in a similar way as microprofile.io is an entry page for the MicroProfile project.

P.S. I'm at JavaOne this week so I'll be happy to talk and walk through the ee-central.io page to anybody interested. I'll be at the Eclipse booth on Tuesday 10-12am presenting MicroProfile and most of the other time you can find me at Payara booth.

Ondro Mihályi
Eclipse MicroProfile committer, Payara engineer
Twitter: @omihalyi

Back to the top