[eclipselink-users] Using UUID primary key with JPA 3.1 on PostgreSQL

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so feel free to redirect me if my question is not in the right place.

While upgrading a sample app from Jakarta EE 9 to Jakarta EE 10, I was looking forward to using JPA 3.1. In the announcements, I read that I should be able to use UUID types directly, without custom converters or such.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get it to work. Now, I am in doubt if what I found is a scenario that is not supposed to work, or a bug. If it's not supposed to work, I'd love to learn *why*. If it's a bug, I found there's a relatively simple way I believe it could be fixed [2].

I'd love to hear your opinions about this issue!

Thanks in advance,

Maarten

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/issues/1771
[2] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/pull/1778