Re: [eclipselink-users] [ANN] EclipseLink 2.7.7 Released

On 5/8/20 1:30 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
På fredag 08. mai 2020 kl. 02:36:13, skrev Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx>>:

    We are pleased to announce the availability of the EclipseLink 2.7.7
    Release [1]

    This is a bugfix release of EclipseLink 2.7.6, no new features are
    included.

This release introduces a bug in @ReturnInsert when used in InheritanceType.JOINED

the best would have been to try things our with RC build which have been published before final got out and file a bug right away. There is https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/issues/803 for some time already.

thanks,
--lukas

I have :

@Entity @Table(name ="onp_crm_entity")
@Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.JOINED)
@DiscriminatorColumn(name ="type", discriminatorType = DiscriminatorType.STRING)
@SequenceGenerator(name ="AbstractEntityObjectSEQ_STORE", sequenceName ="onp_crm_entity_id_seq", allocationSize =1)
abstract class AbstractEntityObject

@Entity @Table(name ="origo_expense")
@PrimaryKeyJoinColumn(name ="entity_id")
@DiscriminatorValue("EXPENSE_BUNDLE")
class Expense(_created:DateTime,
            _createdBy:User, _forUser:User)extends AbstractEntityObject

/// Fields in Expense

@Column(name ="expense_nr", nullable =false, unique =true, updatable =false)
@ReturnInsert(returnOnly =true)
StringexpenseNumber=null;

This generates the following INSERT:
INSERT INTO onp_crm_entity (entity_id, type, version) VALUES ($1, $2, $3) RETURNING expense_nr So EL now inserts the "RETURNING expense_nr" in the parent-entity's INSERT, which is wrong as that column exists in the JOINED-relation Expense(table origo_expense).
Downgrading to 2.7.6 makes the problem go away...
--
*Andreas Joseph Krogh*
CTO / Partner - Visena AS