Re: [eclipselink-users] probloem with static weaving and eclipselink @transient

Can you tell what is wrong by decompiling your weaved classes?

On 23/05/2013 4:06 AM, steffen.herter@xxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

Infrastructure:

Java 1.7

Eclipselink 2.4

JPA 2.0.1

Tomcat 7

Problem:

Activated Static weaving in my Application with Maven:

<build>

<plugins>

<plugin>

<artifactId>_eclipselink_-_staticweave_-_maven_-_plugin_</artifactId>

<groupId>au.com.alderaan</groupId>

<version>1.0.4</version>

<executions>

<execution>

<goals>

<goal>weave</goal>

</goals>

<phase>install</phase>

<configuration>

<logLevel>ALL</logLevel>

<includeProjectClasspath>true</includeProjectClasspath>

</configuration>

</execution>

</executions>

<dependencies>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.eclipse.persistence</groupId>

<artifactId>_eclipselink_</artifactId>

<version>2.4.0</version>

</dependency>

</dependencies>

</plugin>

</plugins>

</build>

Superclass:

@MappedSuperclass

*abstract**public**class*DbObject

{

…

/** indicates if the object is valid (e.g. successfully loaded from database) or
not **/

@Transient

*private**boolean*valid= *true*;

…

}

Class:

@Entity

*public**class*Category *extends*DbObject

{

…

}

In My Manmged bean i’ve the following output with and without weaving:

1.

weaving *inactive*

is Category valid?:*true*

2.

weaving *active*

is Category valid?:*false*

**

*the valid variable is never been touched!*

**

*What I the cause for the change of the valid varible when weaving is activated???*

Thanks and regards steffen