[eclipselink-users] ClassLoader leak with custom platform?

I'm sure this falls into the camp of pilot error.

I have a custom DatabasePlatform that my persistence unit references.

The platform class itself is present in my .ear file.

EclipseLink in this case is the EclipseLink that ships with GlassFish 3.1.2.2.

I'm in the process of debugging a classloader leak.

While I haven't determined the leak yet, I see references in the dump to my custom platform all over the place.

I can't think clearly enough for my tastes about this issue, so I thought I'd ask here: is it possible that EclipseLink-in-GlassFish does not release any reference it might have to my custom platform when my application (and its persistence unit) is undeployed?

I would hope that when the persistence unit is undeployed any classes that it caused to be loaded (such as my custom database platform) would also get unloaded.

Best,
Laird

Back to the top