Re: [eclipselink-users] Strange Lob behavior

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:41 AM, Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Currently we do not convert LONGVARCHAR to a string type.

OK, thanks. I am no expert in this area--could you explain why a LONGVARCHAR should ever be...ever be anything other than a String?

The only thing I could think of would be size or length (i.e. the data is too big to fit in an array), but if currently EclipseLink returns a byte array then length won't be an issue.

You may also be able to affect this functionality in DatabasePlatform implementation.  Try overriding this method:

getObjectFromResultSet(ResultSet resultSet, int columnNumber, int type, AbstractSession session)

Oh, that looks promising.  Hmm, except I'd need it to happen with every database.  Well, it's a start!

Please feel free to file a bug.

OK; will do.  Thanks.

Best,
Laird