Re: [eclipselink-users] Converter is not applied on JPQL MAX query

Please file a bug.

I've been discussing how we could address this with the dev team.

-Tom

On 14/03/2013 3:03 AM, om wrote:
Hi,

We are using converter for Date(converts java.sql.Timestamp into
com.util.Date).
for example .

    <basic name="effectiveDate">
	        <convert>Date</convert>
    </basic>

In JPQL , if we write following ,
"select max(a.effectiveDate) from com.test.StandAloneEntity a".

converter is not getting applied. Query results are in java.sql.Timestamp.
We want results in com.util.Date.

As this is migration project we can not write special code in java after
query execution which will convert results into com.util.Date .

Please help.