Unfortunately, we have currently have no feature that will automatically decompose the list of groups into smaller groups. What does your JDO provider do to decompose them? Send multiple queries? Use an OR clause?

  It would be a good idea to enter a feature request.

-Tom

On 24/10/2012 8:26 AM, Steffen Förster wrote:
I have a named query that looks like this:

SELECT r FROM RIGHTS r WHERE r.group NOT IN :groups

The Parameter is a list of known groups and want to find all orphan rights. I try to find a generic way around this problem without changing every query. Our old JDO solution provided a generic workaround for large in arguments.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Tom Ware
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012 14:20
An: eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [eclipselink-users] Too big IN-Clause

Can you please provide an example?

On 24/10/2012 3:59 AM, Steffen Förster wrote:
Hello everyone,

we are moving from a JDO based persistencesolution to eclipselink
(2.4.1.v20121003-ad44345) but we are faceing a problem with in
clauses. In some cases the argument list is too long and the oracle
database throws *"**ORA-01795". Is there a workaround without changing
our queries? Can I manipulate the SQL-call somewhere to split the
**arguments**in **smaller****chunks**? I need a generic way to do so.*

Thanks in advance.

Yours

Steffen Förster