Re: [eclipselink-users] Difference between cache-usage and maintain-cache query hints?

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The query results cache query hint is not quite the same.  You should only use this query hint for absolutely static data.  When you use a query-results-cache, the database will only be hit once.  Every time you use the query it will return the same results as the first usage.

Which, for U. S. state data, is exactly what I want.  So it sounds like for this relatively simple use case (state data, gender tables, other things that are used basically only to validate foreign keys), query-results-cache is what I want.  (Yes? he asked, somewhat nervously.)