[eclipselink-users] Question on unexpected JPQL "ORDER BY"-clause behaviour

Hello!

I'v got an interesting behaviour with one of my JPQL queries.
Here's the query:

SELECT c FROM Customer c
ORDER BY
  c.postalcode.country.countryName, c.postalcode.postalcodeId,
  c.postalcode.postalcodeCity, c.name1, c.name2, c.name3

What I expected is that this query would find all customers, regardless if
c.postalcode is null or
if it points to a postalcode object (regular SQL behaviour)
.
But it does only return those whose postalcode property is not null.
Is this the normal and intended behaviour?

Is there any workaround for selecting all customers and apply the sorting as
shown above?

Best Regards,

christian