[eclipselink-users] API to fetch table column defintions

I need to validate the data before submitting to database.  To validate I
have to get the table column size and type.  Is there an JPA API to get the
table column definitions. One this is that we are not defining the column
sizes in our entity annotation. The table ddl scripts are created by oracle
administartor.