Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink lockup in exclusive isolated session mode

Hi Andrei,

thank you for helping me.
Please adjust the testcase to reproduce the bug:

     public void testExclusiveSessionRunOutOfConnections() {
         EntityManager em = createEntityManager("customfeatures");

//because a change/(bug?) in EL 2.1, it's important to set the pool name to null
         //that EL will really disable internal connection pooling
         ((ClientSession) ((EntityManagerImpl) em).getUnitOfWork()
         .getParent()).getConnectionPolicy().setPoolName(null);

         boolean loop = true;
         while(loop) {
em.clear(); // it's important that clear() is invoked "between" a transaction
             beginTransaction(em);
 //            Employee emp = em.find(Employee.class, 1);
 //            List<Employee> employees = em.createQuery("SELECT
 OBJECT(e) FROM Employee e").getResultList();
             List names = em.createNativeQuery("SELECT NAME FROM
 CUSTOM_FEATURE_EMPLOYEE").getResultList();
             commitTransaction(em);
         }
     }

Best regards,
Patric

Zitat von Andrei Ilitchev <andrei.ilitchev@xxxxxxxxxx>:

I can't reproduce running out of connections:

persistence.xml:

<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence persistence_1_0.xsd" version="1.0"> <persistence-unit name="customfeatures" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">

<provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider>

<class>org.eclipse.persistence.testing.models.jpa.customfeatures.Employee</class>
        <properties>
<property name="eclipselink.session.customizer" value="org.eclipse.persistence.testing.models.jpa.customfeatures.Customizer"/> <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.exclusive-connection.mode" value="Always"/>
        </properties>
    </persistence-unit>

</persistence>

The testing framework I am using passes user/password/url to createEntityManagerFactory method.
I am creating a data source in customizer:
public class Customizer implements SessionCustomizer {
    public void customize(Session session) throws SQLException {
        OracleDataSource ds = new OracleDataSource();
        ds.setURL(session.getLogin().getConnectionString());
        session.getLogin().setConnector(new JNDIConnector(ds));
        session.getLogin().useExternalConnectionPooling();
    }
}

The test runs forever using the same connection all the time no matter is it find, query or native query.
    public void testExclusiveSessionRunOutOfConnections() {
        EntityManager em = createEntityManager("customfeatures");
        boolean loop = true;
        while(loop) {
            beginTransaction(em);
//            Employee emp = em.find(Employee.class, 1);
// List<Employee> employees = em.createQuery("SELECT OBJECT(e) FROM Employee e").getResultList(); List names = em.createNativeQuery("SELECT NAME FROM CUSTOM_FEATURE_EMPLOYEE").getResultList();
            commitTransaction(em);
        }
    }

And I've got another question: will EntityManager.close() release/close
the acquired connection in the exclusive isolated mode?
Yes.