[eclipselink-users] Problem with loading of data with a OneToMany relationship

Hi,

I've got a problem with my OneToMany relationship. The depending data won't be loaded. Here a shorted listing of my coding:
================= SNIP =================
public class Group {
  private String name;

  @OneToMany(mappedBy = "group", fetch = FetchType.EAGER)
  private List<Entry> entries = new ArrayList<Entry>();
  // ... getter/setter
}

public class Entry {
  @ManyToOne
  @JoinColumn(name = "FK_GROUP_ID")
  private Group group;
  // ... getter/setter
}
================= SNAP =================

I try to fetch the data using the JpaEntityManager (the jpaEm var) and ExpressionBuilder (the builder var):
Query qry = jpaEm.createQuery(builder.get("name").equal(builder.getParameter("searchName")), Group.class);
qry.setParameter("searchName", name);
Object result = qry.getSingleResult();

So the "result" is a valid instance of Group but the list of entries are empty, although there are 3 entries with the correct group-id in the database. There is no other errors by eclipselink or anything else.
Hope someone can help me and I'm very glad about some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Christian

Back to the top