Re: [eclipselink-users] Baffling exception: Cannot find value in class indicator mapping in parent descriptor [null]

The error is stating that the NameEntity is involved in inheritance but does
not define a discriminator.

How have you mapped this class?  Please include the class def and mappings.
If it is involved in inheritance you need to define a discriminator for the
class.

ljnelson wrote:

> EclipseLink is telling me this:
>
> Exception Description: Cannot find value in class indicator mapping in
> parent descriptor [null].
>
> (Well, more specifically, this:
>
> Runtime Exceptions:
>
> [EL Severe]: 2010-05-13
> 15:31:42.125--ServerSession(14434757)--Thread(Thread[main,5,main])--Local
> Exception Stack:
> Exception [EclipseLink-0] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
> 2.0.1.v20100213-r6600):
> org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.IntegrityException
> Descriptor Exceptions:
>
> Exception [EclipseLink-108] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
> 2.0.1.v20100213-r6600):
> org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DescriptorException
> Exception Description: Cannot find value in class indicator mapping in
> parent descriptor [null].
> Descriptor: RelationalDescriptor(com.foobar.party.jpa.NameEntity -->
> [DatabaseTable(foobar.Name)])
>
> Exception [EclipseLink-41] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
> 2.0.1.v20100213-r6600):
> org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DescriptorException
> Exception Description: A non-read-only mapping must be defined for the
> sequence number field.
> Descriptor: RelationalDescriptor(com.foobar.party.jpa.NameEntity -->
> [DatabaseTable(foobar.Name)])
>
> ).  NameEntity uses the TableGenerator style of automatic ID generation.
> Additionally, I am NOT letting EclipseLink generate my tables.
>
> So then: what sequence is it talking about?  Why would I need a mapping
> for
> a sequence, when I'm not using sequences?
>
> Best,
> Laird

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/