Re: [eclipselink-users] @SequenceGenerator initialValue oneclipselink.ddl-generation is ignored

I can't see how this is possible.  The code (at least in 2.0) will always
generate the DDL,

EclipseLink is not generating your code, maybe your application is.  Turn on
logging to fine or finest to get the log of what EclipseLink is generating.

If the sequence already exists, then EclipseLink will not replace it.  This
may be what you are seeing.

Or perhaps you have customized your PostgreSQL platform, or are using a
different version?

Yohan Yudanara-2 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks 4 the response, but maybe my question is not clear.
> btw, the sequence is not already exist on the database.
>
> I want eclipselink.ddl-generation to generate sequence for me starting
> with value *10000*.
> I'm using this annotation to do that:
> @SequenceGenerator(name="RoleSeq",sequenceName="seq_role",initialValue=10000)
>
> But, the generated sequence is start with 50:
> CREATE SEQUENCE seq_role
> INCREMENT 50
> MINVALUE 1
> MAXVALUE 9223372036854775807
> START **50**
> CACHE 1;
>
> instead of start with 10000 (I expect 10000 because I've use
> initialValue=10000 on my annotation)
> CREATE SEQUENCE seq_role
> INCREMENT 50
> MINVALUE 1
> MAXVALUE 9223372036854775807
> START **10000**
> CACHE 1;
>
> Is this an eclipselink bug? or is this my fault to not understand what
> "initialValue" means ?
> Plz help..
>
> Thanks..

-----