[eclipselink-users] How to compare entities from two different databases and replace one with the other?

Hi all,

    I need to compare data in two databases, one a test db and the other being reference db, and then patch the differences in the database that is being compared from the
    data in the reference db.

    Can eclipselink detect changes between two entities, each loaded by a different entity manager?

    Can I use the eclipselink change tracking api ( merge the comparable entity with reference entity manager and then invoke UnitOfWork.getUnitOfWorkChangeSet() or
    UnitOfWork.getCurrentChanges() ) for finding the differences between the test entity and the reference enitity?

   I'm open to any other approach that can help me achieve this; even hibernate or openjpa is also ok to me!

Thanks and Regards,
Samba

Back to the top