[eclipselink-users] Get Expression from Query By Example Query

Is it possible to get an "underlying expression" that represents the
expression that an example object on a Query creates, or is this a
non-sensical question? The reason I ask is, I'd like to be able to mix
Query by Example with an UpdateAllQuery. For example, process a search
using query by example, then run an UpdateAllQuery on these same
results. I've been able to do this with a ReportQuery -- transfer the
Example Object from a Read All Query to a Report Query, which is quite
handy and I'd like to do the same thing with an UpdateAllQuery, but it
doesn't appear that this is possible with the current API.

TIA

./tch

Back to the top