do work
EntityTransation.commit()
set the local tx to null

On Oct 19, 2009, at 5:59 PM, Dave Brosius wrote:

Is the import all in one transaction? I'd be curious if you broke up the import (even for a test) into multiple transactions whether the issue would go away.

-----Original Message-----
From: "David Parker" <dap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 5:51pm
To: "EclipseLink User Discussions" <eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [eclipselink-users] memory usage

I am running a long data import that uses eclipselink 1.1.2 for
persistence. I see memory increasing slowly but surely as it goes
along. The YourKit profiler does not identify anything as a link, but
I do seem to have an increasing "retained size" for

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork
[Stack Local]

I see there is a clear method on TransactionWrapperImpl, but that does
not seem to be in the JPA EntityTransaction API.

Is there a best practice for long running data imports? Should I be
clearing something?

Thanks.