Re: [eclipselink-users] (no subject)

The Mapping Workbench is only for the EclipseLink native API, not for JPA.
For JPA you can enable most things through persistence.xml properties.  The
Eclipse Dali project also has some UI support for EclipseLink.

The list of persistence.xml properties are here:

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/api/1.1.2/org/eclipse/persistence/config/PersistenceUnitProperties.html

This is the 1.1.2 release, the 1.2 release also contains the cache
coordination properties.  In 1.1.2 you need to use a SessionCustomizer to
enable cache coordination in code.

Alexey Z wrote:

> Dear EclipseLink users I'm really new to the product so please forgime me
> probably trivial questions.
> What I want is to use EclipseLink persistense provider in GlassFish 2.1
> application environment.
> I started with a DataSource defenition on GlassFish.
> Secondly I used the data source defined in the persistense.xml, defined
> persistence-unit, @entity, deployed application on glassfish and was
> successfully seaching and storing entinies.
>
> The next step would be cache feaches usage, and finally cluster with
> distributed cache organisation. Unfortunately I stuck here.
>
> I'm avare there are so called sessions in EclipseLink that can be used for
> caching and clustering entities. Please correct me if it is not true. I've
> read lots of faqs and articles but cannot put everything together:( I have
> EclipseLink workbench downloaded, I generated session configuration and a
> server session (btw it wants me to provide the connection details (user
> pass url etc) but I already have data source on glassfish configured so i
> would prefure to use this one).
>
> Could someone please guide me next steps what exactly do to use cache.
> Thank you very much in advance.

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/
TopLink