Re: [eclipselink-users] [MOXy] XML Schema 1.1

Hi Blaise,

I asked at my company, and it seems that we are in the same state.  We are
watching and interested in XML Schema 1.1, but we're not actively moving to
adopt it.  Here's the response I got:

"Many of the new features look good, but they also look a little scary.

The versioning might be useful. The open includes might be useful.

Assertions so that we could add some tight validation to some of the more
critical values might be nice, but that would assume that people were using
validating parsers which I am not sure they are doing. In addition, I am not
sure we want them to use validating parsers because of the additional
overhead (the joys of a high volume environment).

The alternative type could be very helpful for professional services, but it
could also be very difficult to code against.

How is that for a non-answer to your question. At this point I really don't
know how we would use it, and I am sure we won't use it in the next year."

So we have no immediate needs, but if things change, I will be sure to let
you know.  :)

Thanks,
Polly